Milton Academy seeks an admission coordinator for an opening in the Upper School Admissions Office. The admission coordinator assists the Admissions department by providing key support in all administrative areas and by often fielding calls and questions from families, students, faculty and staff. This position uses the admissions database extensively and accurate entry of data is a key responsibility of this job.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the flow of information through data entry and filing for inquiry and application materials.
- Serve as point of contact for prospective students via phone and email.
- Provide general administrative support to admissions officers.
- Perform routine administrative support functions for the office, including sorting mail, managing calendars and schedules, and coordinating mailings.
- Assist with special administrative projects as assigned by the dean of enrollment.
- Organize and own the overall administrative management of the office, including supplies ordering, scheduling, etc.
Qualified applicants will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have superior computer and database skills, with experience using Filemaker Pro preferred. Candidates should possess the ability to be flexible, work collaboratively, and prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced work environment. Preferred candidates will have experience in an admissions office and/or independent school environment
Assistant Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources department seeks an assistant director of human resources to be responsible for the daily operations of the Human Resources Office, including benefits administration, recruitment, hiring, orientation, performance management, and employee relations. The individual in this position must have a working knowledge of Milton’s payroll system and serves as a primary back up for payroll. In addition, this position serves as a central liaison for faculty and staff relative to all human resources issues.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administer and manage all employee benefit programs, including but not limited to: retirement, health and dental insurance, long term disability, short-term disability, FMLA, life insurance, long term care, workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, flexible benefits, and COBRA.
- Coordinate and manage the recruiting function for Milton; serve as central point person within the school for a variety of positions to include: full-time faculty and staff positions, seasonal coaches, tutors, summer employees, contract employees, and volunteers.
- Serve as project manager for the annual 403(b) audit.
- Manage the content of documents, communications and the HR website, consistent with the changes and enhancements to benefits and regulations year to year.
- Provide orientation to new employees.
- Chair Milton Academy’s Wellness Committee.
- Provide a high level of responsiveness and customer service.
- Serve as primary back up for payroll function, including transmitting payroll.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at least three years of progressive experience in human resources. Strong budget managing skills are required. PHR preferred. Preferred candidates will have some experience in a boarding school environment.
Other required experience and abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced work environment. Ability to solve problems independently. Extensive experience using Microsoft Office and Google suite of apps. Must understand issues of confidentiality.