Academic Skills Center
The Academic Skills Center (ASC) helps Milton Academy students reach their academic potential. Services available through the ASC complement the support students receive from their individual teachers and advisors.
The ASC is staffed by learning specialists and Milton faculty members. It is located on the basement level of Cox Library. Some students use ASC support on a regularly scheduled basis; others come only when they need particular help. Drop-ins are always welcome.
Monday through Thursday: 8:20 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m.–9:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:20 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Set personal goals and objectives.
- Teach self-advocacy skills.
- Instruct in organization, time management, study skills, test preparation, test-taking strategies and other academic skills.
- Create accommodation plans for students with identified learning issues.
- Coordinate education testing.
- Apply for college entrance exams (SAT, ACT) accommodations.
Milton is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for students with learning differences who are otherwise qualified for admissions.
Please contact Katie Collins, director of academic support, for more information.