The Academic Skills Center (ASC) helps Milton Academy students reach their academic potential. Services available through the ASC complement the support students receive from their individual teachers and advisors.
The ASC is staffed by learning specialists and Milton faculty members. It is located on the basement level of Cox Library. Some students use ASC support on a regularly scheduled basis; others come only when they need particular help. Drop-ins are always welcome.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:20 a.m.–6:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m.–9:45 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:20 a.m.–4:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m.–9:45 p.m.
Friday: 8:20-4:00 p.m.
- Set personal goals and objectives.
- Teach self-advocacy skills.
- Instruct in organization, time management, study skills, test preparation, test-taking strategies and other academic skills.
- Create accommodation plans for students with identified learning issues.
- Coordinate education testing.
- Apply for college entrance exams (SAT, ACT) accommodations.
Additional support available to students includes Study Hall, Faculty Tutoring and Peer Tutoring (see links on right).