Athletic Training Services
Athletic training services are provided for students in Grade 6 through Grade 12. The athletic training room is located next to the Herbert G. ’24 and Esther B. Stokinger Fitness Center on the second floor of the Athletic and Convocation Center.
The sports medicine staff consists of three certified athletic trainers who work in conjunction with the nurses at the Health Center, Dr. Pauline Pappas, director of medical services, and Dr. George McManama, orthopedic consultant.
Certified athletic trainers are health care professionals who specialize in prevention, treatment, management and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses resulting from physical activity. The certified athletic trainers also play a role in reaching out to the Milton community to educate on topics regarding health and wellness. Their aim is to provide the best possible healthcare and safety for Milton’s students.
Athletic Training Policies
- There is no outside athletic equipment allowed in the athletic training room or fitness facility.
- Please take a seat when entering the athletic training room.
- Treatment order:
- away game taping and treatment
- general taping and minor treatments (20 minutes or less)
- evaluation of new injuries
- Do not help yourself to training room equipment or supplies unless you have talked directly to an athletic trainer who has instructed you to do so.
- Unacceptable language will not be tolerated in the training room.
- Please wear appropriate attire which includes t-shirts, sweatpants, sweatshirts and shorts.
- Clean up after yourself.
Students who seek medical treatment outside of Milton Academy must provide a note from their physician before returning to play a sport. All athletes who have a concussion must be evaluated by one of the certified athletic trainers and can only be evaluated and cleared by Dr. Areej Hassan. Day students may see their own primary care physician but can only return to play upon Dr. Hassan’s approval.
Training Room Hours
Monday: 2–6 p.m.
Tuesday: 2–6 p.m.
Wednesday: 1–6 p.m.
Thursday: 2–6 p.m.
Friday: 2–6 p.m.
Saturday: (game day coverage varies)
Training Room Staff
Larry Fitzpatrick, Med, LATC, PTA
Head Athletic Trainer (Sabbatical Fall 2015)
Nicole Hall, MS, LATC
Interim Head Athletic Trainer
Steve Darling, LATC, CSCS
Director of Strength and Conditioning
Assistant Athletic Trainer