● Students must present one of the following each time they board the bus:
a. Students registered for the bus service must present their bus identification tag to the driver each time they board the bus. If a student who is registered for the bus service does not present his bus identification tag he must provide his name and signature to the driver, along with a reason for not having the required identification. Students who do not have their bus identification tag more than three times during the academic year will be charged a processing fee of $10 for each time they board the bus without the required identification. You can order replacement bus identification tags through Denise Costello in the business office. A $15 fee will be charged to the student’s account to replace lost bus identification tags.
b. Students who are not registered for the bus service must present a one time/one way ride pass to the driver each time they board the bus. Passes can be purchased in advance at the bookstore at a cost of $9.85 per pass with no limit to the number a student can purchase. Students who do not have a one time/one way ride pass must provide their name and signature to the driver, along with a reason for not having a one time/one way ride pass. Students riding without a one time/one way ride pass will automatically have their account charged $20 each time they ride the bus without a one time/one way bus pass.
● Students are expected to remain seated and well behaved while on the bus. The bus driver is in charge of the bus and instructions by the driver must be obeyed.
● Failure to follow any of the above policies will result in a conversation with the dean of students and may result in the loss of bus privileges and loss of fees.
● Students should arrive at least 10 minutes ahead of their scheduled pickup time. The same rule applies for the afternoon pick up time. This “flex time” is needed due to traffic and weather conditions.
● Pickup times and locations are typically changed for special days such as the beginning and end of school and the beginning of school vacations. Students should pay close attention and listen for those announcements during morning assemblies.
● Should an off-campus pickup or drop off spot change, it will be communicated in writing to those families affected.
[Back to Centre Connection]