- The SAT contains three sections:
- Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- Optional Essay (Discontinued after the June 2021 administration); categories addressed are reading, analysis, and writing
- All colleges accept the SAT in place of the ACT.
- Preparation: Practice the SAT (for FREE) through Khan Academy
SAT Subject Tests have been discontinued in the United States, and will be discontinued internationally after June 2021. Learn more.
AP stands for Advanced Placement exams. These exams are not required for college admission but could be used for college credit or for placement in an advanced course by colleges. Colleges will look favorably on strong results if available, but students are not penalized if they have not taken AP exams. They are optional.
Milton Academy is not an AP-driven school. Currently, the Academy offers one AP course in Latin. However, the intensity of our program may qualify students to take a number of AP exams.