Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy is seeking a full-time Lower and Middle School Admissions Coordinator to begin in August 2019. The admission coordinator for lower and middle school admissions provides administrative and office support for a fast-paced, busy admissions office. This position is a full-time, academic-year position that requires some weekend and evening responsibilities. General tasks include: answering phones, managing the admissions database, communicating to prospective students and parents, coordinating office calendars, organizing prospective family visits, and event planning.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the admission database, including extensive data entry, mail merges, and report running.
- Serve as the primary contact, through phone, email and in-person for the lower and middle school admission office.
- Organize and manage the flow of data in the office, both electronically and through a large quantity of mailings.
- Coordinate and schedule tours, visits, and interviews.
- Collaborate with other departments in the community.
- Participate in the scheduling, organization and planning of open houses, group visit days, revisit days, and other Admission events.
- Organize and own the overall administrative management of the office– including ordering supplies, scheduling, greeting families, processing inquiries and applications, etc.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
Qualified candidates will hold an Associate’s degree and have some administrative experience. Preferred candidates will hold a Bachelor’s Degree and have experience in an admissions office and/or independent school environment.
Other required experience and abilities include superior computer and database skills. Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must understand issues of confidentiality. Must be receptive to supervision and professional development.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.