Milton Academy is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 eight miles south of Boston.
The Development & Alumni Relations Office seeks an Annual Giving Officer. This position will focus primarily on increasing alumni giving by managing a substantial portfolio of prospects with the capacity to give up to $25,000.
Additionally, this position will manage the 1798 Committee, a group of leadership giving volunteers, and will partner with the Engagement Officer to ensure opportunities for identification and cultivation of prospective donors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors to the Milton Fund with the goal of increasing dollars raised and the number of donors in Milton’s giving society levels, particularly $1,798 and $5,000; increase the visibility of giving societies; cultivate a strong pipeline of support.
- Maintain a robust portfolio of prospects; leverage face-to-face meetings, phone calls, emails and other contact to build relationships and increase support from prospects.
- Maintain oversight of entire alumni giving program to ensure dollar and donor goals are met; work closely with Annual Giving Marketing Coordinator to drive participation and retention statistics for donors at all levels of support.
- Work with the 1798 Circle committee members including identifying, recruiting and training new volunteers; empower volunteers to increase support for Milton.
- Work closely with the Engagement Officer to build a culture of philanthropy around Reunion and ensure opportunities for prospective donor to deepen their connection and affinity for Milton.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a strong track record of successfully meeting solicitation goals and motivating volunteers; ability to establish rapport and cultivate relationships with prospects and donors; ability to supervise the Annual Giving Officer for young alumni.
Preferred candidates will have experience fundraising in an independent school or college environment; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Evertrue; extensive knowledge of annual giving best practices.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.