Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy is seeking a full-time Lower and Middle School Assistant Director of Admissions to begin in August 2019. The assistant director of the lower and middle school admission participates in all admissions activities for a small, K-8 admissions team with a high volume of applications and a collegial team environment. Key responsibilities include: recruiting and assessing applicants, conducting parent interviews for prospective families, event planning and attending recruiting events on and away from Milton’s campus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct parent interviews for prospective families.
- Assist in the recruitment and assessment of applicants.
- Work with the faculty to organize, plan, and participate in group or individual applicant visit and revisit days.
- Assist with the training and scheduling of our parent tour guide program.
- Aid in the marketing of the School by attending school fairs and visiting local referral schools.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Open House and other events throughout the year.
- Sit on admissions committees and participate in the assessment of applications.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have some experience in an independent school environment; some background in working with and assessing young children and their skills; experience with an admissions database. Preferred candidates will have experience in a K-8 independent school environment; experience with the portal admissions database; classroom teaching.
Other required experience and abilities include superior computer and database skills. Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must understand issues of confidentiality. Must be receptive to supervision and professional development.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.