Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside Boston. Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to learning, explore our histories and identities, and seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. At Milton, we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world and to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Milton Academy is in search of a part-time Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for the fall 2023 season. This coach will work with our Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in the supervision of a wide variety of exercises and programming in preparation for the upcoming winter season.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement both in-season and off-season strength, speed, and conditioning programs for the varsity athletic teams.
- The teaching of olympic and power lifts, speed, agility development, flexibility, mobility concepts, and metabolic conditioning.
- Assist in the maintenance of the roster and to check on attendance in collaboration with the head of strength and conditioning.
- Follow safety practices as outlined in both the Student Handbook and Coaches Handbook, including the policy on hazing and bullying.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Candidate should have experience in working with high school aged students in a strength and conditioning environment.
- Candidates must have a calm and composed demeanor and serve as a role model for our students.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.