Milton Academy seeks an associate director, content and project management to work in its Communication Office.
The associate director, content and project management is a self-motivated and collaborative content creator for Milton Academy, telling the story of Milton across the school’s communications channels. The associate director creates news and feature stories for www.milton.edu, produces content for social media, writes articles for Milton Magazine, and contributes content for various school marketing materials. They manage a number of marketing communications projects, including the production of admission materials as well as select publications produced by the Communication Office.
Reporting to the chief communication officer, the associate director works closely with other members of the Communication Office and colleagues across the school on a variety of marketing communications projects targeting Milton’s wide-ranging audiences. This position works to ensure that content across channels is clear, consistent, relevant to the school’s audiences, and aligned with the institution’s mission and strategic priorities.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Plan, write, and edit timely content for Milton Academy communication channels, including news stories, magazine feature articles, social media posts, and marketing copy.
- Develop relationships with faculty and students to successfully identify key story ideas that promote the life of the school, and engage families, students, and alumni.
- Work closely with Communication Office colleagues to understand core messages for key audiences and find creative and engaging ways to convey those messages on various channels, including social media
- Create written, audio, and multimedia content for social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Develop a constructive engagement protocol for all social media platforms.
- Oversee and evolve social media guidelines based on best practices; work with colleagues to develop, direct, and execute social media strategy.
- Explore and become familiar with new communication platforms as they emerge, and make recommendations for participation.
- Help to manage social media community analytics—from campaign tagging to episodic reporting—to advance data-driven decision-making about content performance and engagement strategies.
- Develop a listening capability to understand the topics and tenor of discussions involving Milton Academy and related topics online.
- Partner with departments across the school to identify communication opportunities designed to inform and build relationships with key audiences.
Three to five years of experience in communications with an emphasis on content creation and story writing, social media, project management is required. Qualified candidates will also have experience creating/developing social media content; strong writing, editing, and project-management skills.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.