Milton Academy seeks an Athletic Center Attendant.
The Milton Academy Athletic Center Attendant performs oversight of rental groups in the athletic center. The individual welcomes groups when they arrive for their gym or ice rental, ensuring that they are in compliance with all Milton Academy guidelines for rentals. The individual in this position must work collaboratively with the Athletics and Facilities Services team and have a customer service orientation to working with rental clients, faculty, and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Arrive at the athletic center at least one hour before outside groups are scheduled to arrive (e.g., 5:30 pm on weekdays when rentals begin at 6:30 pm). Ensure that the rental spaces are prepared as named in the rental contracts (e.g., tables, chairs), bathrooms are cleaned, etc.
- Ensure that rental groups do not access their contracted spaces until Milton Academy students have departed (e.g., spaces are not available until students have showered and begin departing the building).
- Greet rental groups, showing each group their rental location (gym or rink); unlock assigned locker rooms for hockey groups.
- Monitor the building regularly during the rental period. Ensure that rental groups respect the space and equipment that they come into contact with, that cleats are not worn in the building, and that any trash is properly disposed of.
- Check rental spaces (gyms, rink, locker rooms and restrooms) after each rental group departs the building.
- Manage the screens in the Athletic Center to add the daily schedule (e.g., rink rental times, including locker room assignment). Collaborate with the Calendar Manager to ensure the schedule is accurate (e.g. updated with any schedule changes).
- Enforce health and safety protocols in place, including COVID-related policies.
- Supervise community skating to ensure skaters are following posted rules.
- Have the ability to stay in contact with Campus Safety by carrying a two-way radio; also carry a set of keys for access to all relevant interior spaces in the Athletic Center.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.