Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy is seeking a Central Services Clerk to provide mail service to the Academy Community and assist with other campus support activities related to the Facilities Services department. This individual in this position must work collaboratively with Facilities Services team and have a customer service orientation to working with students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Pick up mail from East Milton Post Office, sort the mail, and distribute it to designated locations on the Milton Academy campus.
- Distribute packages and interoffice mail to designated locations on the Milton Academy campus.
- Meters outgoing mail in the most efficient manner depending on requirements of the sender (including all rates and classes) and delivers it to the East Milton Post Office.
- Keeps informed of changes in postal regulations and makes changes, as necessary to Milton’s systems.
- Forwards mail as requested by faculty who live in Milton housing but are away for the summer or other significant periods of time.
- Assists Academy Community with all shipping issues.
- Serves as back-up to Central Service Administrator; receives and distributes packages at Central Services area, fulfills sign requests.
- Answers Facilities Services Department’s general phone line, as needed.
- Maintains School Dude work order system and monitors vendor sign-in as back-up to Facilities Services Administrator.
- Operates necessary equipment in the performance of job responsibilities.
- With the Central Services Administrator, develops processes and procedures to help ensure a smooth and efficient mail system.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Will be required to work 2-3 days during December break to pick up and deliver mail to various offices.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the intellectual, racial, cultural, and gender diversity of the school community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.A qualified candidate will have previous experience working in a mail facility and must be physically able to move around the Milton Academy campus without restriction. Must be able to regularly lift and move mail bins of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to drive to and from the local post office and transport mail to Milton Academy.