The Academy has contracted with Local Motion to meet our day student transportation needs for grades 6 through 12. There are four routes offered – NEWTON ROUTE (Chestnut Hill/Newton/Brookline), WELLESLEY ROUTE (Wellesley/Needham), DOVER ROUTE (South Natick/Dover/ Needham/Dedham), CAMBRIDGE ROUTE (Boston/Cambridge). Download the bus schedule for additional details. Please note that there are three days during the school year that the bus runs on an alternative schedule in order to accommodate opening of school activities. These dates are outlined below.
All students are dropped off each morning in the upper facilities parking lot behind Academy Road. In the afternoon, students may board the bus on Academy Road.
You will be billed for the service with your September month-end statement. All students registered for the bus will be issued a route specific Bus Identification Tag, which can be picked up at registration during the first two days of school. Tags must be affixed to the student’s backpack so that the bus drivers can verify a student is registered.
Please note that there is a $150 cancellation fee for cancelling the bus service prior to the start of school. As a result of a fixed, full-year contract with the service provider, the Academy cannot refund cancelled half-year or one-direction passes after the start of school. Students who purchase full-year, round trip passes, but whose circumstances after the start of school require them to make other transportation arrangements, are eligible for a 40% refund if service is cancelled by November 1, 2019.
To request bus service, please complete the online registration form by August 15.
Please complete one form per student. If you have any questions about bus registration, please contact Mandi Hanson at email@example.com.
The following rates apply for the 2019–2020 academic year:
Full year, round trip: $2,955
Full year, one way: $2,035
First half year, round trip: $2,035
Second half year, round trip: $2,035
One-way trip passes (each) are available at the Milton Academy bookstore for $13.50.
School Bus Regulations
- Registered bus students must present their bus ID (affixed to their backpack) each time they board the bus. If the registered student does not have their bus ID, they must provide their name and signature on the sign-in sheet, along with a reason for not having the required identification. Students who do not have their bus identification tag more than five times during each semester may be charged a processing fee of $10 each time they board the bus without their ID. Replacement bus identification tags can be ordered through Mandi Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org. A $15 fee will be charged to the student’s account to cover the cost of replacement.
- Non-registered students may ride the bus using a one-time/one-way ride pass (available for purchase at the bookstore). Students will present the pass to the bus driver and sign the daily pass sheet each time they ride the bus. Students who do not have a one-time/one-way pass must sign in with the driver. Students riding without this pass will have their student Incidental Account (IA account) charged $20 each time they ride the bus without the pass.
- Students should arrive at least 5 minutes ahead of their scheduled pickup time to ensure the bus remains on schedule. This also applies for the afternoon bus run. This flex time is due to traffic and weather conditions.
- The bus has a schedule to meet and cannot wait for late students. The bus will depart promptly after the scheduled pick-up time. Should a student miss the bus, parents must find alternative means of transporting their child to school.
- Bus times and locations are typically changed for special days, such as the opening of school and the start of school vacations. Students should pay close attention and look for those announcements via email and during morning assemblies.
- Should an off-campus pick-up or drop-off location change, the School will communicate the change to those families affected.
Alternative schedule days (opening of school):
September 4: 2 p.m. bus for Middle School students, 6 p.m. ONLY bus for Upper School students (no 4 p.m. bus)
September 5 & 6: 2 p.m. bus for Middle School students, 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. bus for Upper School students