About our School:
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in its students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Embracing diversity and the pursuit of excellence, we create a community in which individuals develop competence, confidence, and character. Our active learning environment, in and out of the classroom, develops creative and critical thinkers, unafraid to express their ideas, prepared to seek meaningful lifetime success, and to live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Milton enrolls approximately 1,000 students each year: 725 boarding and day students in the Upper School, and 275 day students in Lower and Middle Schools. Representing the majority of the student population, with families from around the corner and across the world, the Upper School has unique and complex communication needs.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the COVID-19 Coordinator and the Director of Nursing, the COVID-19 Testing Coordinator oversees the daily operations of the COVID-19 testing program. This includes coordinating and overseeing weekly surveillance testing for students, faculty, and staff, coordinating with Nursing and Human Resources for students or employees who test positive or indeterminate, or whose tests do not process, and initiating and coordinating efforts around contact tracing.
This position is a temporary position, through January 2022. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, with some flexibility necessary to work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet the testing needs of the school’s boarding program, which will open in early 2021.
- In coordination with the COVID Coordinator and the Director of Nursing, review and enhance an overall strategy for an ongoing testing program to include employees, day students and the addition of enhanced testing for the boarding population starting in early 2021.
- Maintain working relationships with third party testing resources (Broad Institute, CIC, Cataldo Ambulance).
- Organize on-campus supplies and resources for the collection and submission of more than 1,000 tests weekly, with more to be added in 2021.
- Coordinate testing schedule with licensed healthcare professionals and administrative support staff and assist with administration of testing as needed/scheduled.
- Enhance/maintain existing protocols for general, asymptomatic testing processes to include management of appropriate locations and organizing systems whereby sample collection will occur in a safe and effective manner.
- Provide support, instruction and education to individuals participating in surveillance testing.
- Maintain testing data in support of testing and contract tracing processes.
- Data analysis and follow up with students and employees who are non-compliant.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving COVID-19 testing technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RN, LPN, or EMT required.
- Current Massachusetts licensure or eligibility for licensure in Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and ability to perform data analysis.
- Excellent critical thinking and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including planning, establishing priorities, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Organize testing supplies
- Make sure the PPE supply is stocked from the central supply
- Unpack and stock the testing supplies from the Broad Institute
- Refill the testing buckets for each testing location
- Maintain/revise as needed the weekly testing schedule for students and employees
- Schedule health staff and admin support for testing
- Work as health staff or admin each day of testing
- Train new testing staff
- Create/maintain a testing sign up through Signup Genius account for students and employees
- Communicate with employees regarding testing reminders
- Respond to requests for and coordinate alternative testing times
- Results follow up with students and employees
- Report positive results to Director of Nursing, Covid Coordinator immediately when applicable
- Coordinate with each Division regarding missed tests due to absences from school
- Weekly evaluation of Upper School student testing compliance and coordination with Dean of Students
- Manifest generation on days when Cataldo does not provide this service
- Quality check of tests every day before transport to Cambridge
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the intellectual, racial, cultural, and gender diversity of the school community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.