About our School:
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create the anti-racist environment at Milton—free from bias, injustice, and bigotry—that our values demand, we encourage each other to explore our own histories and identities, be open to learning from others, seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens, and strive to practice ways of interacting with one another that ensures all students and adults feel safe, supported, and able to express all aspects of their identities without judgment or hate.
In our dynamic community, we honor that Milton students challenge each other to build a foundation upon which to leave Milton and partner with their future communities to help create a more just world and in those spaces that are dissonant to our values, to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
Milton Academy is seeking a Development Coordinator for a position in the Development and Alumni Relations Office. The Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Director of Development and Leadership/Planned Giving team. Coordinate assembly of projects, management of team meeting agendas and schedules, mailings and electronic communication. Coordinate travel and itinerary planning, support solicitation preparation, volunteer, and event support.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide daily administrative coordination for the Director of Development including meeting scheduling and planning, calendar review and management, and special projects as assigned.
• Support the Director of Development by reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; and collecting and analyzing information.
• Prepare high-touch donor gifts and communications to enable stewardship. Contribute to specialized donor experiences such as campus visits, dinners and meetings with leadership.
• Prepare team members for solicitation visits by assembling research, background materials and helpful documents.
• Arrange travel for Director of Development and Gift Officers.
• Coordinate team meeting agendas/scheduling, take or record notes for departmental meetings, coordinate prospect management meetings, including visits from campus stakeholders in conjunction with the Director of Development and Director of the Milton Fund.
• Maintain accurate paper and electronic records in Raiser’s Edge for Director and Officers. Prepare prospect lists and other reports from Raiser’s Edge regularly.
• Guarantee prospect pipeline data through maintenance of prospect staging and portfolio assignments.
• Coordinate Planned Giving program through hard and soft mailings, the Forbes Goodwin Society website, events, assist with marketing strategy and tracking.
• Perform administrative duties to support the Director of Planning Giving.
• Coordinate with Advancement Operations team on regular reporting and review of performance metrics for team members, including pipeline data for the monthly prospect management meetings.
• Collaborate with other Coordinators to support office-wide initiatives and projects.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have 3-5 years of administrative or related experience. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills, excellent editing and proofreading skills, and strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills; have excellent organization and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision. Preferred candidates will have strong computer skills, knowledge of Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, report writing, and a willingness to learn more.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.