Milton Academy is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 eight miles south of Boston.
The Development & Alumni Relations Office seeks a Development Coordinator. This position will provide administrative support to the Development team and it’s Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily administrative coordination for the Director of Development including meeting scheduling and planning, calendar review and management, and special projects as assigned.
- Support the Director of Development by reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; and collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare high-touch donor gifts and communications to enable stewardship. Contribute to specialized donor experiences such as campus visits, dinners and meetings with leadership.
- Record meeting discussions for team and other departmental meetings as needed.
- Prepare team members for prospect visits by assembling research, background materials and helpful documents.
- Arrange travel for Director of Development and other development officers.
- Coordinate bi-weekly team meeting agendas/scheduling.
- Coordinate monthly prospect strategy meetings, including visits from campus stakeholders in conjunction with the Director of Development and Director of Milton Fund.
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic records in Raiser’s Edge for Director and Officers. Prepare prospect lists and other reports from Raiser’s Edge regularly.
- Guarantee prospect pipeline data through maintenance of prospect staging and portfolio assignments.
- Coordinate Planned Giving program through hard and soft mailings, the Forbes Goodwin Society website and events.
- Coordinate with Development Services team on regular reporting and review of performance metrics for team members, including pipeline data for the monthly prospect management meetings.
- Support emerging opportunities that arise through the conclusion of Dare: The Campaign for Milton.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at least 3 years of administrative or related experience. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills; desire to learn; cheerful demeanor in the office and interacting with alumni, parents, friends, colleagues and business professionals in person and on the telephone; ability to be flexible and work collaboratively; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong computer knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, report writing, and a willingness to learn more); excellent editing and proofreading skills, and strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills; excellent organization and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision; eagerness to be part of a team and develop a keen understanding of the work of the development office; ability to use a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive information; receptive to supervision and professional development. Preferred candidates will have experience in an academic environment.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.