Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent, coeducational, national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K–12 on a 125-acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy seeks a Lower School Homeroom Teacher for the 2020-21 school year. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching math and reading. In addition to outstanding teaching ability, we seek a teacher who is inquisitive, self-directed, team-oriented, and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Solid understanding of the developmental needs of lower school students (K-5)
- Experience teaching core literacy instruction
- Familiarity with TERC Investigations or similar math programs
- Familiarity with guided reading and the reading workshop model
- Ability to work collaboratively within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience integrating technology skills into classroom curriculum
To learn more about Milton Academy, and the Lower School, please visit our website at https://www.milton.edu/k8/lower-school/. Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural, and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.