We are pleased to offer a host of affinity spaces and cultural groups across a wide range of identities, including gender, ability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, and race. Trained facilitators are working with school leadership to create and maintain spaces that are affirming for identity development and supportive of cross-cultural interactions. These spaces exist for groups of people who are drawn together because of a specific shared identity with the intention of finding connection, support, and inspiration.
Embracing diversity and the pursuit of excellence, Milton aims to create community in which individuals develop competence, confidence, and character. Our active learning environment, in and out of the classroom, develops creative and critical thinkers who are unafraid to express their ideas, prepared to seek meaningful lifetime success, and determined to live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Affinity groups are open to alumni and current parents. For more information on how to get involved or join a facilitated affinity space, please fill out this form.
Meeting cadence will be determined by trained facilitators who are alumni or parent volunteers.
Currently offered spaces with trained facilitators:
- LatinX Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
- Jewish Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
- APIDA Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
- Black Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
- Caribbean Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
- LGBTQIA+ Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
- Christian Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
- Parents and Guardians of Students of Color
- Alumni of Color
- White-Identifying Parents, Guardians, and Alumni
Additional Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ) resources: https://www.milton.edu/about/diversity-at-milton/deij