Milton relies on a distinguished group of donors who sustain the Milton Fund with leadership level giving.
WHAT IS IT?
The 1798 Circle, named for the date, March 3, 1798, when Governor Sumner signed “an act for establishing Milton Academy,” is the School’s leadership giving society. Members of the 1798 Circle make gifts of $1,798 or more. Members are recognized in the Annual Report on Giving every year, invited to leadership events across the country, and viewed as a central component of Milton’s alumni network.
WHO HELPS IT GROW?
The 1798 Circle committee encourages alumni to support the Milton Fund at the leadership level. Leadership support makes up 86% of the Milton Fund, which provides unrestricted support for current student programs, financial aid, faculty salaries, and gives the Academy the flexibility to meet its most pressing priorities.
• Attend and participate in committee calls and meetings throughout the year
• Lead by example by making your leadership gift to the Milton Fund
• Engage and solicit at least 10 classmates throughout the year who are assigned to you by the development office
• Identify potential new leadership donors
• Attend leadership events when possible to represent the 1798 circle
• Help create engagement opportunities for current and potential $1,798 donors
• Work with the development department in communicating with your classmates about the Milton Fund
2019-2020 COMMITTEE MEMBERS
1798 Circle Chair:
Mr. Kurt R. Collins ’97
Ms. Prudence Murray Bovee ’78
Ms. Jenne Colasacco ’95 P ’23
Mr. Samuel R. Cox ’97
Mr. Jonathan D. Rein ’92
Dr. Christine N. Sang ’80 P’28
Mr. Christopher J. Trakas II ’77
Dr. Dorothy Altman Weber ’60 P ’04
Dr. Adam J. Wolfberg ’88 P ’16 ’20
Mr. Jonathan Zonis ’83 P ’15 ’18
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
1. Make a leadership gift
Your participation in the 1798 Circle enables Milton to preserve its special environment and maintain its competitive edge over peer schools. Join us this year by making a leadership gift right now. If you have already made a gift to the Milton Fund this year, thank you!
2. Join the committee
If you would like to volunteer for the 1798 Circle please contact Annual Giving Officer, Christine Steiner at Christine_Steiner@milton.edu or 617-898-2342.
Milton Fund dollars raised from leadership gifts
Faculty professional development opportunities annually
School’s operating budget supported by the Milton Fund and unrestricted endowment
Clubs and organizations