Bridging students with the alumni community.
Development Ambassadors are an extension of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations at Milton, and serve as liaisons between the office and student body. Through phone/text a thons, thank a thons, targeted stewardship initiatives, and small events, Development Ambassadors are leaders among their peers and encourage a culture of philanthropy in the Milton community.
Development Ambassadors should
- Call on alumni to support Milton as well as thank them for their prior support through Thank-a-thons, Thank You Notes, ThankView videos, and Text-a-thons
- Assist Development Events –– Student Philanthropy Month (November), Giving Day, Reunion Weekend and other special events as needed. When working at an event you may be asked to help with registration, direct guests on campus or mingle with Milton alumni. Be on time and fully present.
- Attend all Development Ambassador meetings and trainings
- Identify members of the student body who may be interested in giving and make the ask
- Respect confidentiality. You will be working with sensitive information. Please do not break confidentiality outside of the Development office.
What is the Milton Fund?
The Milton Fund is Milton’s office of annual giving that raises current use unrestricted funds for Milton which are crucial for the school’s operating budget.
Annual support of the Milton Fund fuels Milton’s ability to shape future leaders and engaged citizens through a commitment to our school’s independent K-12 education.
Milton Funds’ six priority areas include School’s Greatest Needs, Financial Aid, Faculty Support, Student Experience, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
To learn more about volunteering as a Development Ambassador, please contact:
Johanna Keough, Annual Giving Officer, Young Alumni and Students, at email@example.com.