Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located south of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create the anti-racist environment at Milton—free from bias, injustice, and bigotry—that our values demand, we encourage each other to explore our own histories and identities, be open to learning from others, seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens, and strive to practice ways of interacting with one another that ensure all students and adults feel safe, supported, and able to express all aspects of their identities without judgment or hate.
In our dynamic community, we honor that Milton students challenge each other to build a foundation upon which to leave Milton and partner with their future communities to help create a more just world and in those spaces that are dissonant to our values, to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a full-time Head Athletic Trainer starting in August of 2021. The Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of all athletic injuries and medical concerns. The position requires the ability to manage day to day operations of the athletic training room, including working closely with three assistant athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coach, school physicians, health center staff, athletic director, and coaches.
As a member of the Upper School faculty, this individual will advise 6-8 students and may also teach physical education classes or health classes. Faculty members residing on campus typically live and work in a dormitory and all teachers living on campus have responsibilities in the residential program.
Salary is based on years of experience and health benefits are included with this job.
- NATABOC certification
- MA license or eligible
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (secondary school experience preferred)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Certified CPR/AED Instructor preferred
- Coordinate the daily treatment, evaluations and rehabilitation of student-athletes.
- Communicate well and work in conjunction with assistant athletic trainers, Athletic Directors, school physician, Health Center staff, counselors, and coaches.
- Foster a team approach with the athletic training staff that values personal health & well being and avoids athletic training burnout.
- Coordinate athletic training schedules/game coverage, and hire per diem ATCs when necessary.
- Maintain inventory of athletic training supplies and yearly certification of all modality equipment.
- Oversee and maintain all policies and procedures.
- Advise coaches on injury trends and communicate prognosis and limitations/restrictions of student-athletes with coaches regularly.
- Communicate and coordinate medical concerns with parents, including arranging medical appointments when referral is needed.
- Advise on the proper fitting of athletic equipment (ie. Football helmets/padding)
- Maintain EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Oversee concussion baseline testing.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Head of School, Upper School Principal, Athletic Director, or Director of Health Services. (ex. Teaching Health/PE)
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural, and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.