Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 on a 125-acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
The Upper School is seeking candidates for the part-time position of head girls’ squash coach for the varsity team.
Milton Academy is a member of the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) and participates in the Independent School League (ISL).
· Adhere to all Independent School League (ISL) and Milton Academy, policies and procedures for participation and competition.
· Manage and submit all required paperwork for participation.
· Conduct regularly scheduled practices.
· Maintain equipment and evaluate equipment/program needs.
· Attend all pre-season and post-season meetings scheduled by the Athletics Department.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the sport and leading/organizing a team.
· Instruct students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
· Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards students, officials and spectators.
· Attend staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performances.
· Some experience as a squash coach at the high school or college level preferred.
· Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
· Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
· Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with school administrators, parents and students.
This position is part-time (6 days/wk). Hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Wednesdays from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Saturday hours will vary due to game schedules. The winter athletic season begins mid-November and ending the last week in February.