Head Girls Track and Field Coach Position Description
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to learning, explore our histories and identities, and seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens. At Milton, we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world, and to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
Milton Academy is in search of a Head Girls Track Coach for the 2023-2024 spring season. The track and field program competes in the Independent School League (ISL) and is a member of the New England Prep School Athletic Council (NEPSAC). The program has a tradition of excellence and has competed at the highest of levels. The head coach is flexible, enthusiastic, hard-working and responsible while overseeing the entire girls’ track and field program at Milton Academy.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Direct entire track and field program and comply with the institution, NEPSAC, and ISL protocols.
- Maintain athletic rosters. It is the coach’s responsibility to check attendance, note discrepancies and report any changes to the athletic department.
- Design and implement practice plans for team along with assistance from assistant coaches
- Coaches are required to submitting comments for all students to be included in grade reports following the conclusion of the season.
- Recruit and retain prospective students for the program.
- Recruit and retain potential coaches for the program.
- Oversee and mentor assistant coaches.
- Be able to collaborate with the Boys Track and Field Head coach on facilities, practices, and the administration of hosting home meets.
- Assist in the placement of students who have a desire to compete in track and field at the collegiate level.
- Follow all safety practices and Academy policies as outlined in the school’s Student Handbook and Coaches Handbook, including the policy against hazing and bullying.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years coaching experience at either at a high school or college level and proven success at either level.
- Must demonstrate sportsmanship and role modeling behavior with athletes.
- Must show cooperative behavior, calm, and have a composed demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
All interested internal candidates must complete an application for promotion or transfer and forward to your supervisor as soon as possible.
An equal opportunity employer, Milton embraces diversity and the pursuit of excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.