Head Varsity Field Hockey Job Description
Milton Academy is in search of a Varsity Field Hockey Coach for the 2023-2024 school year. The field hockey program competes in the Independent School League (ISL) and is a member of the New England Prep School Athletic Council (NEPSAC). The field hockey program has a tradition of excellence and has competed at the highest of levels. The head coach will oversee the entire field hockey program at Milton Academy.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Direct entire field hockey program and comply with the institution, NEPSAC, and ISL protocols.
- Maintain athletic rosters. It is the coache’s responsibility to check attendance, note discrepancies and report any changes to the athletic department.
- Design and implement practice plans for team along with assistance from assistant coaches.
- Coaches are required to submitting comments for all students to be included in grade reports following the conclusion of the season.
- Recruit and retain prospective students for the program.
- Recruit and retain potential coaches for the program.
- Oversee and mentor assistant coaches.
- Guide the Junior Varsity and Thirds program to ensure they have a competitive roster.
- Assist in the placement of students who have a desire to play field hockey at the collegiate level.
- Follow all safety practices and Academy policies as outlined in the school’s Student Handbook and Coaches Handbook, including the policy against hazing and bullying.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years off field hockey coaching experience at either at a high school or college level and proven success at either level.
- Must demonstrate sportsmanship and role modeling behavior with athletes.
- Must show cooperative behavior, calm, and have a composed demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Occasional lifting, bending, and climbing stairs.
- Frequent talking, listening, walking, sitting, and standing.
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks and function in a fast-paced working environment.
- The Athletics Department is a busy work environment in which there is a significant amount of personal interaction.
- The Coach must be flexible, enthusiastic, hard-working, and responsible.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- The Academy is non-smoking campus.