Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 on a 125-acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
The Lower School at Milton Academy seeks leave coverage for the Learning Specialist starting January 6, 2020, and ending May 1, 2020. In this full-time position, the covering learning specialist will serve students and collaborate with faculty for Grades 3-5.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and coach teachers to implement strategic differentiated instruction across the curriculum in grades 3-5
- Serve as a resource and coach to teachers of students in grades 3-5 experiencing academic difficulty or those with diverse learning needs
- Work with teachers to facilitate math, reading and writing diagnostic assessments to students in grades 3-5
- Serve as a resource to students in grades 3-5 experiencing academic difficulty and communicate their needs to their families
- Provide 1:1 or group short term intensive academic remediation or as well as push-in classroom support to students in grades 3-5 as needed
- Serve on monthly Child Study teams for grades 3-5, and meet with the Lower School learning resources team on a weekly basis
- Collaborate with other members of the learning resources team to ensure effective implementation of Individualized Learning Guides and Evaluation Summaries
- Participate in all Individualized Learning Guide and Evaluation Summary family meetings for students in grades 3-5
- Communicate regularly with outside service providers (i.e. tutors, neuropsychologists, etc.) and families to maintain continuity of goals and services for students in grades 3-5
Qualified applicants should hold a Master’s degree in Special Education and five years’ experience working with elementary school students.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.