Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent, coeducational, national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K–12 on a 125-acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy seeks a lower school classroom teacher for the 2020-21 school year. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching math, reading, writing, and social studies. In addition to outstanding teaching ability, we seek a teacher who is inquisitive, self-directed and team-oriented.
- Experience teaching in lower school grades
- Solid understanding of the developmental needs of lower school students
- Experience teaching core literacy instruction
- Familiarity with TERC investigations or similar math programs
- Ability to work collaboratively within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience integrating technology skills into classroom curriculum
To learn more about Milton Academy, and the Lower School, please visit our website at https://www.milton.edu/k8/lower-school/. Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.