Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 on a 125-acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy is seeking a full-time Lower School Dean of Teaching and Learning with a demonstrated ability to work in a diverse community.
The Lower School Dean of Teaching and Learning is an instructional leader who works closely with lower school faculty to enhance and strengthen Milton’s academic program and teaching practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate pedagogical and programmatic innovation in the lower school
- Share best educational practices and cutting edge research with the faculty
- Assess and identify curriculum development priorities
- Design, lead and evaluate curriculum renewal initiatives
- Plan and lead in-house professional development opportunities
- Mentor and coach lower school teachers in all subjects
- Partner with the lower school diversity team to ensure cultural and curricular diversity in all academic areas
- Work closely with the academic technology department to integrate technology across the curriculum
- Launch and oversee the first year of the lower school teacher training program
- Support lower school principal in recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of lower school faculty and staff
- Oversee budget for professional development and teacher training
- Teaching experience in various elementary grade levels
- Strong interest in curriculum design
- Familiarity with strong core literacy programming and an interest in the science of reading
- Experience with anti-bias and multicultural education
- License is early childhood education and/or elementary education is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Enjoys a highly collaborative working environment
- Leadership experience preferred but not required
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.