Milton Academy Electronics & Appliances Collections Event
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
4 – 5 p.m.
Milton Academy • Wolcott House parking spaces near Robert Saltonstall Gym
Town of Milton Residents Invited to Participate!
Milton Academy’s Sustainability Committee has organized a truck to come to campus and pick up and recycle old unwanted appliances and electronics. Participants can swing by and drop off such items between 4 and 5 p.m. (or until the truck is full).
Eco-friendly junk removal companies estimate that e-waste recycling events of a similar nature can divert between one and two tons of e-waste material from landfills.
Items eligible for drop-off—free of charge:
- Electronics (including cords, etc.)
- Computers, Laptops, Flat Screen Monitors (sorry, “tube” TVs cannot be accepted)
- CPU Boxes
- All Computer Parts, Accessories, Keyboards & Mice
- Cell Phones, Speakers, Video Games & Consoles
- Camera/Video & Audio Equipment
- Fax & Copy Machines, Printers & Wires
- Plugs, Drives, Cards and Servers
- Appliances – Toasters, Irons, Hair Dryers, Microwaves
- Refrigerators, Freezers & Water Heaters
- Stoves, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers
- Metal Items (Less than 8 ft. long)
- Metal Poles, Metal Desks
- Barbecue Grills (no propane tanks)
- Pots and Pans