Milton Academy is seeking a part-time Registered Nurse (RN) for 12-hour evening/night shifts from 7 PM to 7 AM. Schedules may include weeknight and weekend on-site coverage.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
RNs must be readily available both for phone calls and to care for an ill student in the Health Center when necessary. RNs are responsible for overseeing the care provided to any student admitted to the Health Center and admitting or discharging any student to or from the Health Center during his/her scheduled hours.
- RN licensed in Massachusetts
- Two years of experience in school nursing or pediatric and/or adolescent nursing, preferably in a physician’s office or outpatient setting
- Understanding of developmental needs of school-aged children and adolescents
- Experience in Pediatric and Adolescent assessment skills.
- Ability to function independently within the limits of RN practice and seek help appropriately from our school physicians and day nurses
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in interactions with children and adolescents
- Flexibility in RN role, including the flexibility to come in on short notice for a nurse who falls ill, or with longer notice for a nurse who needs to be absent for a shift
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.