Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to learning, explore our histories and identities, and seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens. At Milton, we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world, and to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
The Facilities Services Operations and Finance Coordinator supports the Facilities Services Department by serving as the central point of contact for the Milton Academy community and vendors. The coordinator ensures that all business-related vendor needs are met, from contracts and insurance to on-site activities to invoices. The individual also monitors the work order system and helps to facilitate their distribution. The coordinator is responsible for creating and tracking key information related to projects, including purchase orders, and ensures that invoices are paid. The coordinator also creates reports related to facilities department-related activities and makes observations and recommendations based on those reports. The coordinator must work collaboratively with all members of the Facilities team and business office, and have a customer service orientation when working with students, faculty, and staff.
Please note that the coordinator works 30 hours per week on a regular schedule of 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. However, in certain weeks, the length of days may vary (to as late as 4:00 p.m.) to assist with covering other team member vacations, planned absences, and scheduled meetings.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Operations – Office Administration and Vendor Management
- Answers Facilities Services general phone line: addresses questions and routes open questions to others for resolution.
- Monitors the Facilities Services email account; addresses question, responds to billing-related matters, and routes open questions to others for resolution.
- Greets vendors, issues temporary badges, and oversees the vendor log (sign in/out)
- Manages the key request forms; partners with Key Technician for assignments and distributions.
- Reviews work orders submitted within work order management system; routes work orders to the appropriate managers and highlights any high priority work orders to the Associate Director for Administration
- Initiates and maintains new and existing vendor contracts, insurance certificates, and relevant logs; ensures that all paperwork is up-to-date and in compliance with Milton Academy policy.
- Partners with Facilities management team in tracking planned and unplanned staff absences through the facilities on-line calendar.
- Partners with Associate Director for Administration to facilitate departmental training.
- Highlights issues and makes policy refinement recommendations to the Associate Director for Administration
- Provides administrative support to the facilities management team, as needed.
Financial – Budget and Billing
- Processes facilities services departmental accounts payable, following all accounts payable policies and procedures; ensures that bills are not paid until appropriately signed off and assigned a general ledger code.
- Creates the tracking sheet for annual operating and capital projects and gift-funded projects; assigns codes to projects, verifies budgets, and tracks expenditures, reconciling expenditures and open project orders weekly.
- Maintains the operational and capital project numbering system.
- Initiates and issues purchase orders (POs) through the on-line system, both annual and one-time; tracks expenditures against purchase orders and makes recommendations as to when purchase orders should be modified or closed.
- Assists in managing the facilities department general credit card; allows use of the card as needed and records purchases in the log.
- Collaborates with the business office as needed to resolve issues.
- Prepares reports that summarize and indicate issues related to the following central services activities: delivery services, postage, van usage.
- Serves as a back-up for staff in Central Services, assisting with mail room (including package tracking system), van operations, and any other Central Services tasks, as needed.
- Serves as a back-up for the Associate Director for Administration when not available.
- Attends meetings when needed.
- Assists with projects and other duties as assigned.
An associate’s degree and three years of administrative experience is required. A bachelor’s degree and six years of administrative experience is preferred, including work with budgets and processing invoices as well as experience working with contractors, building services, trades, and/or vendors.
Must be able to work at a computer for up to 8 hours each day in conjunction with OSHA requirements. Must be physically able to move around the Milton Academy campus without restriction. Must be able to lift medium sized packages (up to 25 pounds).
An equal opportunity employer, Milton embraces diversity and the pursuit of excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.