Milton Academy, established in 1798, is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 on a 125-acre campus eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy is seeking a part-time Athletic Center Attendant to join our Facilities Services Department. The anticipated schedule for this position will be evenings and weekends. The essential functions and responsibilities of the Athletic Center Attendant include:
- Maintain the ice rink, basketball courts, indoor track and fitness center
- Operate and maintain propane Zamboni and gas ice edger; monitor refrigeration equipment and air quality equipment
- Provide labor to clean and maintain the Athletic and Convocation Center
- Provide labor to set up and dismantle materials and equipment for various scheduled and special events throughout the year.
- Maintain a schedule of activities and events
As a member of the Facilities Services Department, the Athletic Center Attendant will participate in snow removal activities when needed. This position will interact with faculty, staff, students, coaches and vendors.
Qualified candidates must have knowledge of operational and setup requirements for athletic events; must have general knowledge of sound systems, scoreboards and ice plant equipment; must be able to drive a Zamboni. Candidates must have the ability to effectively interact with people at a variety of levels within and outside the school; demonstrate initiative and positive working attitude; be able to work unsupervised. Candidate should possess a high school diploma or equivalent as well as a valid Massachusetts driver’s license; be able to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and move more than 100 pounds; be able to work in the elements and extreme conditions.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.