About our School:
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located south of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create the anti-racist environment at Milton—free from bias, injustice, and bigotry—that our values demand, we encourage each other to explore our own histories and identities, be open to learning from others, seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens, and strive to practice ways of interacting with one another that ensure all students and adults feel safe, supported, and able to express all aspects of their identities without judgment or hate.
In our dynamic community, we honor that Milton students challenge each other to build a foundation upon which to leave Milton and partner with their future communities to help create a more just world and in those spaces that are dissonant to our values, to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
Milton Academy is seeking full-time and part-time nurses for 12-hour evening/night shifts from 7 PM to 7 AM. Schedules may include weeknight and weekend on-site coverage.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
Nurses must be readily available both for phone calls and to care for an ill student in the Health Center when necessary. Nurses are responsible for overseeing the care provided to any student admitted to the Health Center and admitting or discharging any student to or from the Health Center during his/her scheduled hours.
- RN or LPN licensed in Massachusetts
- Two years of experience in school nursing or pediatric and/or adolescent nursing, preferably in a physician’s office or outpatient setting
- Understanding of developmental needs of school-aged children and adolescents
- Experience in Pediatric and Adolescent assessment skills.
- Ability to function independently within the limits of RN/LPN practice and seek help appropriately from our school physicians and day nurses
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in interactions with children and adolescents
- Flexibility in nurse role, including the flexibility to come in on short notice for a nurse who falls ill, or with longer notice for a nurse who needs to be absent for a shift
Milton Academy seeks candidates who would add to the intellectual, racial, cultural and ethnic diversity of the school community. Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer.