Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside of Boston.
The Development and Alumni Relations Office seeks an experienced, administrative professional to work closely with the Chief Advancement Office (CAO) on all duties related to leading a team of 22 development professionals. The Senior Coordinator/Assistant to the CAO will work closely with Development and Alumni Relations directors, the Head of School, high-level volunteers, including trustees, and other members of the development team. They will also lead a team of 3 coordinators in service to administrative projects within the office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer on all duties related to a comprehensive fundraising and engagement program.
- Support all aspects of front-line development work of the CAO and high-level school leaders (board members, Head of School, key volunteers) including visit preparation, appointment scheduling, travel arrangements, and post-meeting/event follow-up.
- Assist with correspondence to a variety of constituents but with a special focus on leadership-level donors and prospects: draft and edit gift proposals, thank you notes, school/campaign updates, general stewardship, and documentation.
- Foster regular contact with and deepen relationships between the school and the board of trustee members through correspondence from the Chief Advancement Officer/Head of School; provide comprehensive staff support of the Development and Trustees Committees; facilitate board meeting preparation/development presentation support.
- Personalize the gift acknowledgment process for high-level gifts as needed.
- Handle schedule/calendar needs for the CAO.
- Assist with database needs ranging from running standard reports to performing data entry related to CAO gift and prospect activity.
- Manage specific budget activity for the CAO and oversee the budget for the entire development office; work closely with the Business Office on revenues/expenses and budget projections; process invoices and receipts as needed.
- Provide support to the CAO on human resource matters including supporting the onboarding of new colleagues.
- Lead a team of three administrative assistants; coordinate office-wide administrative projects.
Other required experience and abilities include:
- Ability to manage and balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills and a willingness to learn more.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Display a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have 5+ years of administrative or related experience.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.