Senior Engagement Officer
Milton Academy is an independent coeducational national boarding and day school, serving 1,000 students in grades K-12 eight miles south of Boston.
The Development & Alumni Relations Office seeks an Engagement Officer. This position will develop creative and strategic engagement strategies that result in greater alumni and parent affinity to, and engagement with, Milton as well as increased annual philanthropic support and an enhanced fundraising pipeline.
Additionally this position will work closely with volunteers, conceptualize and plan Reunion Weekend, develop regional and affinity programming and more.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, plan, implement and evaluate a range of alumni and parent relations and engagement programs that instill a sense of loyalty and responsibility for Milton Academy, and advance the goal and success of the comprehensive fundraising campaign.
- Conceptualize and plan Reunion Weekend; partner with Events Manager on event execution; develop a class reunion engagement committee structure: recruit and support volunteer committees and ensure goals are met for participation, dollars raised, attendance, philanthropic participation, and a positive guest experience.
- Oversee engagement programs including, but not limited to, Class Agent program, regional chapters, career networking and affinity groups. Liason with campus partners in support of campus events, ensuring a thoughtful and exceptional alumni and parent experience.
- Analyze engagement and event metrics for benchmarking and ROI to ensure program growth and effectiveness.
- Actively participate in alumni and parent communication through content generation; support alumni directory, engage through surveys, manage engagement website content, encourage submission of class notes and more.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have 5+ years of experience in engagement or a relatable field; proven track record of volunteer and committee management as well as reunion, event and project planning experience; strong computer skills and database experience; and ability to manage and balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines. Preferred candidates will have 8+ years of extensive experience in an independent school or college environment; experience building and refining engagement or alumni relations programs; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Evertrue, CVent, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.