About our school:
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in its students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Embracing diversity and the pursuit of excellence, we create a community in which individuals develop competence, confidence and character. Our active learning environment, in and out of the classroom, develops creative and critical thinkers, unafraid to express their ideas, prepared to seek meaningful lifetime success and to live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Milton enrolls approximately 1,000 students each year: 725 boarding and day students in the Upper School, and 275 day students in Lower and Middle Schools. Representing the majority of the student population, with families from around the corner and across the world, the Upper School has unique and complex communication needs.
Summary of Position:
The Upper School Coverage Coordinator is a full-time and time limited position that will oversee the daytime coverage schedule (8am-6pm M-F), including for residential houses, for the Upper School. This position is time limited (until June 2022) and a part of Milton Academy’s response to COVID-19. The Upper School Coverage Coordinator will oversee all support teachers, coordinate the coverage schedule to ensure that all spaces are properly supervised, and will supervise spaces as necessary. The Coverage Coordinator will directly supervise the Upper School lunch periods and help ensure that COVID-19 policies and procedures are enforced. The Coverage Coordinator will assist with the hiring process for support teachers. The Coverage Coordinator is a staff position but participates in the same professional development opportunities and requirements as other members of the Upper School. Given the evolving nature of COVID-19, the Upper School Coverage Coordinator should expect to shift responsibilities as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Schedule all support teacher coverage:
- Classes where there are remote teachers
- Coverage for common areas
- Coverage for boarding students during the day
- Oversee lunch coverage directly, providing instruction to the other individuals who are supervising common lunch areas and helping to ensure that students follow established health and safety protocols.
- Assist with the recruitment of support staff by reviewing resumes, conducting early round interviews and presenting potential candidates to the Academic Dean and Dean of Students.
- Meet with support staff regularly, providing them ongoing supervision and with a written evaluation at the conclusion of the academic year.
- Meet with faculty and staff providing coverage for boarding students during the day, providing comprehensive and weekly feedback to the Dean of Students.
- Participate in meetings and professional development opportunities for the Upper School.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experience working with youth; experience supervising faculty or staff; experience working with diverse students and adults
- Must be flexible and work collaboratively. Must prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing. Must understand and respect confidentiality of information.
Milton Academy welcomes candidates who would add to the intellectual, racial, cultural, and gender diversity of the school community. Milton Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.