Milton Academy seeks an Upper School Director of Equity and Inclusion to begin July 1, 2021.
The Upper School Director of Equity and Inclusion is a member of the Upper School’s administrative team, and reports to the Upper School Principal and the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer.
The Director of Equity and Inclusion leads the Upper School’s justice, equity, and inclusion efforts. They develop, implement, and manage division-wide programs and policies with the goal of dismantling institutional, interpersonal, and internalized marginalization. They facilitate structural support for students, parents, and Upper School employees, and provide an equity lens and anti-racist vision to every aspect of student life.
- Provide strategic DEIJ leadership, based upon the Upper School’s immediate and long-term plans.
- Lead a team of employees in the Upper School Office of Equity, Justice and Inclusion.
- Lead the student-centered DEIJ budget for the Upper School.
- Work with a team to develop orientation programs for new students of color, international students, white students, and families.
- Work with a team to bring workshops, programs, and speakers to the Upper School throughout the academic year.
- Support student affinity groups and culture clubs, and affinity programming for employees and parents.
- Generate a shared DEIJ vision and plan with student leaders for their respective organizations.
- Work with Department Chairs to name DEIJ goals and track outcomes. Serve as a resource in their development of equitable policies, curricula, and pedagogy.
- Work with the Upper School Principal and other members of the Upper School administrative team in developing equitable hiring practices in the Upper School.
- Support Class Deans and residential life leaders in their development of DEIJ programming and practices.
- Collaborate with a team to coordinate professional development for Upper School employees.
- Coordinate with DEIJ leaders in the Lower School and Middle School.
The Upper School Director of Equity and Inclusion should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Experience as a teacher and DEIJ practitioner at the high school level
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, including public presenting
- A commitment to cultivating an anti-racist mindset within themselves and others.
- Eagerness to give and receive feedback
For more information about Milton Academy, please visit our website at www.milton.edu.
With your application, please include:
- A resumé
- A letter, which includes a personal statement on equity, inclusion and anti-racism