About our School:
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located just outside Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in our students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Milton students grow by developing their own identities, learning from and listening to the lived experiences of others, and living and working among peers whose differences they accept with respect and care.
In our ongoing work to create an environment that confronts bias, injustice, and bigotry, we encourage each other to be open to learning, explore our histories and identities, and seek to understand the world around us with a critical lens. At Milton, we prepare students to partner with their future communities to create a more just world and to have the courage to speak up and live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
About the Position:
The Upper School is seeking candidates for the position of head boys’ hockey coach for the varsity team. Milton Academy is a member of the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) and participates in the Independent School League (ISL).
We want to surround players with a coach who will help players reach their potential on and off the ice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport and leading/organizing a team.
- Possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Instruct students on the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Attend staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performances.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.