ACADEMIC YEAR 2021–2022 PROGRAM
The Middle School plans to provide an in-person academic and co-curricular program for the 2021–2022 academic year.
- All students will have in-person learning each weekday
- Teachers will teach in-person in the classroom
- Co-curricular programming and activities will happen in person
- We will maintain social distance in classrooms, although students will not be contained to cohorts. Our schedule design will revert to a cohort model if needed.
- We plan to have an opt-in afternoon program that includes interscholastic athletics and drama
- Lunches will be provided
Calendar 2021–2022 Summary
Health & Safety Measures
We anticipate the need to continue with some level of health and safety mitigation efforts in the 2021–2022 school year, in addition to our expectation that faculty, staff, and perhaps some students will be vaccinated. In collaboration with our consultants, Environmental Health and Engineering (EH&E), we are working to ensure the school’s policies reflect the most up-to-date guidance and research in support of a fully operational program. Although we are unable to predict specifics at this time, we expect that our protocols will include the following:
- Required masking
- Air ventilation and filtration
- Distancing to some degree
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Testing and attestation at some level
If personal health concerns require some students to request an accommodation to learn remotely, or if the pandemic requires temporary departures from a fully in-person model, our School will adapt as necessary.