The primary mission of the William Coburn Cox Library is to cultivate a passion for learning and to enrich the educational environment of the School by providing a comprehensive and up-to-date resource center.
Our goals are:
- to support the academic curriculum with a carefully selected, well-balanced collection of traditional and electronic resources that offer access to information both within and outside of the library;
- to teach research skills and to support students in their research;
- to inspire creative and critical thinking; and
- to provide attractive, comfortable areas for scholarly research, quiet study, and recreational reading.
The William Coburn Cox Library strives to construct a communal space that truly embodies the notion that the library is the heart of the academic community. As Milton Academy continues to evolve in response to a constantly changing environment, Cox Library is committed to developing a information hub where students have access to ample and varied research, learning, and collaborative opportunities that reflect a community’s diverse learning needs. By increasing our students’ opportunity to ask questions, make connections and exchange ideas, this educational environment will further support the mission of Cox Library and Milton Academy.
Cox Library is committed to upholding the core values of the Academy, including diversity and the pursuit of competence, confidence and character, which are also inherent in the library’s core value
- Student-centered service: The library is committed to making students’ needs the focus of Cox Library. We strive to accommodate a diverse student body by offering reliable reference assistance through e-mail and in person consultations. The Library staff looks to provide comprehensive support in order to help students succeed at their highest level.
- Collaboration: As the heart of the Milton Academy community, the library works to foster teamwork and communication by creating the space and the opportunity for faculty to connect with and explore resources relevant to both professional and personal learning. We encourage faculty to bring us in to the planning for all student projects, no matter how small (or short) the project will be.
- Inclusiveness: As a diverse institution, we seek to ensure that all patrons: students, faculty, staff and community members are treated equally and with consideration. We believe in respecting personal opinions and valuing individual thinking for everyone in our community.
The Library is open:
2 p.m.–5 p.m. and
7 p.m.–9:45 p.m.
8 a.m.–9:45 p.m.
8 a.m.–5 p.m. and
7 p.m.–10 p.m.
2 p.m.–5 p.m.
Librarians are available:
8 a.m.–9:45 p.m.
8 a.m.–5 p.m.