Milton Academy provides fun opportunities to discover and unite the student body, to plan and promote programs. The student activities office focuses on enhancing campus life and community spirit by implementing activities that encourage student engagement and meaningful connections.
Weekends at Milton
Students plan weekend life at Milton. The Student Activities Association (SAA), assisted by the director of student activities, plans on-campus events and activities in and around Boston for all students. Weekend activities are enthusiastically attended by both boarding and day students and all events are free.
Play, or watch and cheer at athletic contests; perform or watch your friends perform in King Theatre; read your poem at the Beatnik Café; work out at the fitness center; sit around talking in the Schwarz Student Center; hike, rock climb or kayak with the Outdoor Program; bake cookies or make soup and watch a movie with your housemates; play pickup basketball or Frisbee; sleep in and then go to brunch; visit friends’ rooms and listen to music; meet your friends at a dance; catch a game in Boston; get to know someone you don’t know well yet; relax and laugh.
How We Have Fun
- Back to School Carnival
- Campus Scavenger Hunts
- Entertainment from hypnotists, magicians, and mind-readers
- Lots of dances— Back to School, Halloween, dances sponsored by ONYX, and the Boat Dance on Boston Harbor Cruises
- Outdoor movies and S’mores on the Quad
- Trips to mini-golf, laser tag, bowling and trampoline parks
- Dodge ball tournaments in the ACC
- Vans every weekend to the South Shore Plaza
- Buses to see theatre shows in Boston and explore Faneuil Hall, New England Aquarium, and Boston Museum of Science
- Big Money & Grocery Bingo Nights
- Ice Skating Parties
- UNO Tournaments
- Improv Night, with live entertainment from classmates
- Salsa dance lessons
- A fall festival with candy apples, popcorn, and pumpkin painting
- Trivia Nights
- Watching friends play in weekend games, or perform in plays and concerts
- Beatnik Café open-mic nights, and the outdoor Beatstock on the Quad in the spring
- A Capella Night, with Milton and college groups performing
- Gospel Explosion concert
Milton Academy takes pride in fostering engagement. We encourage students and faculty to make connections and pursue their interests and passions. We have partnered with CampusGroups to offer MiltonConnect, the School’s engagement online tool and app which offers many ways for students and faculty to interact with each other and the community.
Nothing to do this weekend? Think again.
Find out what’s happening on the calendar.