Weekends at Milton
Play, or watch and cheer at athletic contests; perform or watch your friends perform in King Theatre; read your poem at the Beatnik Café; work out at the fitness center; sit around talking in the Schwarz Student Center; hike, rock climb or kayak with the Outdoor Program; bake cookies or make soup and watch a movie with your housemates; play pickup basketball or Frisbee; sleep in and then go to brunch; visit friends’ rooms and listen to music; meet your friends at a dance; catch a game in Boston; watch a college comedy improv group at a dorm open house; get to know someone you don’t know well yet; relax and laugh.
How We Have Fun
- Entertainment from hypnotists and magicians
- Lots of dances—for Homecoming, dances sponsored by ONYX, and the Boat Dance on Boston Harbor Cruises
- Outdoor movies and S’mores on the Quad
- Trips to mini-golf, laser tag, bowling and snow tubing
- Dodge ball tournaments in the ACC
- Vans every weekend to the South Shore Plaza, and surprise trips to the movie theater, Starbucks and the Ice Cream Smith
- Open Houses in each of the dorms, with theme parties
- Buses to see theatre shows in Boston
- Big Money Bingo
- Improv Night, with live entertainment from classmates
- Salsa dance lessons
- A fall festival with candy apples, popcorn, and pumpkin painting
- Watching friends play in weekend games, or perform in plays and concerts
- Buses to college football games or local sports’ teams competitions
- Culturefest—with food, music and activities, from all over the world
- Beatnik Café open-mic nights, and the outdoor Beatstock on the Quad in the spring
- A capella night, with Milton and college groups performing
- Movies and snacks sponsored by student groups on campus
- Senior Showcase Talent Show
- Gospel Explosion concert
- Rock Band and Guitar Hero competitions
Who plans activities?
Students plan weekend life at Milton. The Student Activities Association (SAA), assisted by the director of student activities, plans events on campus and in Boston for all students. Boarding and day students often play at carnivals on the East Campus quad, laugh at college comedy improv teams, watch a game at Fenway Park or dress up for the masquerade ball. The students’ favorite activity is watching classmates perform—in the many plays, concerts (jazz and classical) and dance events. They’re an audience any performer would envy. Between athletic contests on Saturdays and evening activities planned by and for students, the Milton campus is a busy, well-lit center of life all week long.
Nothing to do this weekend? Think again.
Find out what’s happening on the calendar.
The Student Activities Association (SAA) plans a lot of fun weekend events. Whether it’s going to see a hypnotist or to watch a hockey game, there are always a bunch of activities to do on the weekends with your friends.Will Livingston