BUS REGISTRATION FORM for 2023–2024 school year
registration is now closed
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 898-2211
FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL BUS SCHEDULE
- Tue, Sept 5:
Morning bus service per all published routes
12:15 p.m. afternoon bus service only, following the 4 p.m. return route (Boston bus will not include Cambridge stops)
- Wed, Sept 6, Thur, Sept 7 & Fri, Sept 8
Morning and afternoon bus service per all published routes
Additional afternoon departure: 2:15 p.m. bus service on all routes following the 4 p.m. return route (Boston bus will not include Cambridge stops)
BUS SERVICE ROUTES
- BOSTON (Cambridge or Causeway origination; please note that 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. routes terminate and Causeway; 6 p.m. route terminates at Cambridge)
- BROOKLINE (Newton, Brookline)
- DOVER (South Natick, Dover, Needham, Dedham)
- NEWTON/WELLESLEY (Newton, Wellesley)
- SOUTH SHORE (Cohasset, Hingham, Quincy)
View the schedule here. Please note that all bus stops available in the morning may not be available during the afternoon—please check the schedule carefully. Please also note that Lower School students may not ride the 6 p.m. buses.
While all stops listed will be offered in 2023–2024, the exact times and specific route sequences posted are subject to change prior to and during the year based on volumes and our bus company’s guidelines.
The following rates apply for the 2023–2024 academic year:
- Full year, round trip: $3,495 ($3,225 for LS students)
- Full year, one direction: $2,450 ($2,250 for LS students)
- First half year, both directions: $2,450 ($2,250 for LS students)
- Second half year, both directions: $2,450 ($2,250 for LS students)
- Single ride ticket*: $15.00 per ticket
* Families may purchase one-way, single ride passes for $15 each.
- All Upper and Middle School students riding the bus occasionally must purchase passes at the Milton Academy Bookstore and present a single ride pass to the bus driver.
- Lower School student parents may request occasional rides as follows; costs will be billed to school accounts:
- Morning: by emailing email@example.com
- Afternoon: by alerting Lower School staff; please update PickUp Patrol to indicate changes to your regular afternoon routine.
By registering for the bus, families are committing to bus service fees. Bus fees will be billed to family accounts at the end of September. Families who purchase full-year round trip passes, but whose circumstances after the start of school require them to make other transportation arrangements, are eligible for a 40% refund if canceled by October 31, 2023. Half-year or one-direction passes may not be canceled and are not refundable after the school year begins. There is a $150 cancellation fee if bus service is canceled prior to the start of school.
BUS TRACKER APP
Local Motion of Boston has a vehicle tracker app that will display the current location of the bus. Search in app store for “Local Motion Vehicle Tracker App” Enter password – Milton (not case sensitive). The password will only need to be entered when downloading the app.
Bus passes will be distributed to students during the first week of school rather than mailed this year. Students will be allowed to ride buses without passes for the first week of classes, but should then plan to present a pass each time they board the bus.
Students who are registered for the bus service must present their bus identification tag to the driver. If students who are registered for the bus service do not present their bus identification tag, they must provide their name and signature to the driver, along with a reason for not having the required identification. Replacement tags can be ordered by contacting Courtney Hawkes Gaidos. A $15 fee will be charged to the student’s account to cover the cost of the replacement.
STUDENT BUS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Students are expected to remain seated and well behaved while on the bus, and to uphold the rights and well-being of others.
- Instructions by the driver must be followed in full immediately.
- Lower School students are encouraged to sit at the front of the bus nearest the driver, or with older siblings.
- Older students should keep discussions appropriate for younger ears.
- No playing music other than through individual listening devices.
- Students are expected to participate in period bus evacuation drills as scheduled by Milton Academy in partnership with Local Motion.