Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose to attend a boarding school?
How can I receive a catalogue from Milton Academy?
To be added to our mailing list, and to receive a catalogue from Milton Academy, complete our online Request Information form. You may also call or email our office with any questions you have at email@example.com or 617-898-2227.
What is the tuition for Milton Academy's Upper School?
Day Student tuition: $63,950 (includes tuition and lunch)
Boarding Student tuition: $73,950 (includes tuition, room, board)
Are there expenses in addition to tuition for Milton Academy?
The school charges a single tuition that includes most student experiences.
At what grade levels does Milton Academy admit students for boarding?
May a student be admitted for his or her grade 12 (senior/Class I) year only?
How can I apply?
Does Milton accept a common application?
How do I submit a school transcript with an online application?
Your grades/transcript should be submitted online with the Transcript Form by the appropriate school administrator (preferred method). If necessary, your school can submit the records directly to Milton via email, mail or fax.
* If your previous grades are not available from your current school, please contact your previous school to request them.
Office of Admission
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
May I submit a combination of online and paper recommendations?
What kinds of standardized tests do I need to take?
All candidates for admission are welcome, but not required, to submit the results of standardized testing. Students who are unable to submit test scores will not be disadvantaged in the application process. Testing should be completed during the current academic year and before the January 15 deadline.
- Academic Testing – all applicants:
- Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) – School code: 5098 or
- Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) – School code: 221430
- SSAT, ISEE, PSAT, SAT-1 or ACT – may be submitted for applicants to grade 11
- For non-native English speakers, and/or students who have not been at a school where English is the primary language of instruction for at least two years, we strongly suggest submitting results from one of the following:
- TOEFL (school code: 8125)