Academic Skills Center
The Academic Skills Center (ASC) helps Milton Academy students reach their academic potential. Services available through the ASC complement the support students receive from their individual teachers and advisors.
The ASC is staffed by learning specialists. It is located adjacent to the library in Wigglesworth Hall. Some students use ASC support on a regularly scheduled basis; others come only when they need particular help. Drop-ins are always welcome.
The ASC facilitates the TutorMilton program, which connects teacher-approved peer tutors with interested students. Current students can request a peer tutor at tutormilton.com. The ASC faculty also sponsor the Advocates for Diverse Abilities affinity group.
Monday through Thursday: 8:05 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday: 8:05 a.m.–3:20 p.m.
- Creation of accommodation plans for students who qualify
- Instruction in organization, note-taking, time management, study strategies, test preparation, stress management, and other academic skills
- Coaching in setting personal goals and objectives
- Sharing learning resources on the Academic Skills Center Schoology page
- Connecting students with other resources on campus including teachers, peer tutors, and counselors
- Applying for college entrance exam accommodations (SAT, ACT)
Director of Academic Support
Upper School Learning Specialist