This is a seasonal position beginning in late May and ending in early August. The Counselor in Training program director will be responsible for planning and implementing our new Counselor in Training program. The CIT program director will have classroom or parallel experience working with middle and upper school students. By planning engaging instructional periods and hands-on experiences, the program director will be in charge of designing a program that prepares CITs to become counselors in the future. The CIT program director will also work closely with the Camp Director to implement other camp programming throughout the week.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- CIT Trainer will help plan and implement a complete CIT program. They will work closely with the Camp Director and administrative team in preparation and evaluation of the program, as well as during the actual implementation.
- Work with students entering grades 8 and 9 to help them learn and practice skills necessary to become future camp leaders and counselors.
- Communicate effectively with children and staff in all areas of the camp operation. To write lesson plans for activities, evaluations, reports, and requisitions as necessary.
- Work cooperatively as necessary with all other staff members in planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program.
- Lead/teach activities appropriate to each particular group in specific program areas, such as swimming, arts and crafts, outdoor living, sports and games, etc., based on camper skills and program needs. Prepare activity plans for activities to be led.
- Assist with all camp program activities and other all camp activities as assigned.
- Set an overall good example for campers.
- Prepare written evaluation at the end of the summer following the guidelines provided by the Director.