Make a difference at your child’s school.
Milton works hard to engage our alumni and parent communities. From the bi-annual Milton Magazine, to quarterly news, monthly e-newsletters, and periodic Milton Fund messages, parents receive a lot of information from the School. However, as good as this communication may be, it can’t replace the personal touch of a fellow parent.
Milton Fund volunteers are responsible for championing the fundraising efforts of their child’s school each year. As a volunteer, your personal dedication, enthusiasm, and contributions can play a vital role in keeping parents connected, and encouraging their annual support of Milton.
- Make a stretch gift to the Milton Fund that is right for you. Making a gift, early in the fiscal year, is the best preparation for seeking equally generous and thoughtful gifts from others. Your gift will serve as an example.
- Champion the Milton Fund by encouraging your peers to make a stretch gift of their own to celebrate our faculty, our students and the power of their relationships together.
- Communicate regularly with fellow parents via phone calls, emails, letters and social media with updates and campus news.
- Attend and encourage attendance of alumni and parent events.
- Identify parents who may have the capacity to make a leadership gift, and communicate specific donor interest and concerns to the development office.
- Be knowledgeable about the careers and interests of fellow parents.
- Help to thank parents who have made gifts through thank you notes, personal phone calls, or e-mails.
- Contact parents to help publicize upcoming school events, meetings, networking events, special lectures, athletic contests, drama productions, etc.
To learn more about parent volunteer opportunities for the Milton Fund:
Alana McGrath, Annual Giving Officer, at [email protected] or 617-898-2267.