Make a difference at your child’s school.
Milton Fund volunteers play an essential role in the Milton Fund’s annual fundraising efforts. As a parent volunteer, you are an ambassador for Milton Academy. Your personal dedication, enthusiasm, and contributions play a vital role in keeping parents connected and encouraging their annual support of Milton.
- Make a stretch gift to the Milton Fund that is right for you. Making a gift, early in the fiscal year, is the best preparation for seeking equally generous and thoughtful gifts from others. Your gift will serve as an example.
- Champion the Milton Fund by encouraging your peers to make a stretch gift of their own to celebrate our faculty, our students and the power of their relationships together.
- Communicate regularly with fellow parents via phone calls, emails, letters and social media with updates and campus news.
- Attend and encourage attendance of alumni and parent events.
- Identify parents who may have the capacity to make a leadership gift, and communicate specific donor interest and concerns to the development office.
- Be knowledgeable about the careers and interests of fellow parents.
- Help to thank parents who have made gifts through thank you notes, personal phone calls, or e-mails.
- Contact parents to help publicize upcoming school events, meetings, networking events, special lectures, athletic contests, drama productions, etc.
To learn more about parent volunteer opportunities for the Milton Fund, contact
Alana McGrath, Annual Giving Officer, at Alana_McGrath@milton.edu or 617-898-2267.